Monday 8 November 2010

The Designer Survivors Tour

Last week, I received one of the most encouraging and surprising gifts I have ever received in my entire life.  I have to say that I tear up a little when I read Amber’s inspiration page and what it was all about. You can’t imagine the strength I received with this gift  – My good friend and colleague Miz Amber Kingsnorth from INOUI design collective will be participating in a two-day cycling event to take place on June 18-19, 2011. During this bold cycling journey, Amber will ride for two days through the scenic Pacific Northwest.  Amber’s vision is clear - A World Free From Cancer.

 

image Miz Amber Kingsnorth

 

The money she raises for The Enbridge Ride to Conquer cancer will benefit BC Cancer Foundation and support leading clinicians, scientists, and researchers whose search for new discoveries and improved patient outcomes will have a real impact in our communities throughout the province, across Canada, and around the world. In other words, your participation will accelerate the conquest of cancer.

 

Amber has taken this ride even further in her support not just to Conquer cancer but for all of us.  The design community; designers who are currently fighting or have survived cancer.

 

Please read her entry and if you like design or you are involved in our design community she needs YOUR SUPPORT to achieve her heroic goal. 

 

image PLEASE [CLICK] THE IMAGE TO SUPPORT & DONATE

 

The Designer Survivors Tour! My Ride to Conquer Cancer®


As an interior Designer in Victoria BC I have seen a number of individuals in my industry affected by Cancer.  Colleagues who have undergone treatment and come out survivors (!) including Kimberly Williams, the woman who gave me my start in this business and for whom I am ever grateful.  These are my Designer Survivors and the inspirations for my ride! 

 

Included in this group is my good friend and colleague Ivan Meade of the Meade Design Group who is currently undergoing treatment.  I wanted to help him in anyway that I could and knowing that treatment is an unbelievable struggle, I thought; why not go through a little struggle of my own ... ride a bike for two days straight! :)  Although this could never compare to what he is going through, I hope that my efforts and the monies raised through your generosity will fuel his ever-positive attitude towards beating this thing!

 

The Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer benefiting BC Cancer Foundation, is a two-day cycling journey through Canada's Pacific region taking place in the summer. It will be a challenge in a number of ways, but with my bike, my helmet, and your generosity, a real impact will be made!

 

Please contribute to this history-making event with any donation you can. Donations, no matter the size, all help to support breakthrough research, exemplary teaching, and compassionate care made possible through BC Cancer Foundation, a leader in cancer research and care.  Please help me reach (and hopefully exceed!) my goal of raising $5000.00 for this amazing cause!


Thank you for your help and support,

Amber Kingsnorth,

 

image

PLEASE  [CLICK] THE IMAGE TO SUPPORT & DONATE



MEADE DESIGN GROUP - THE BLOG. Copyright 2007-2011

5 comments:

Brillante Interiors said...

Let's kick cancer out of our lives! This is a great project and I will support it all the way. Have a good week, Ivan, and kick it!

Karena said...

Ivan this is so wonderful of Amber. I support several Cancer benefits here in Kansas City. It is a so worthy cause that affects everyone in somee way.

Come read a great interview, then enter my latest giveaway!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Amber Kingsnorth said...

You're the BEST! xox

Amber

Echo said...

I think it's so awesome that Amber is doing this - that ride would DEFINITELY whoop my butt.

You both have my support!

pve design said...

Wonderful of Amber to ride to conquer cancer!
Each of us are touched by the strength of these individuals who work to benefit cancer foundations.
What a friend!
pve