Saturday 5 March 2011

Eye Candy of the Week – Arbutus + Denman

 

image

image

image

 

PRODUCT

The SimplySpun Collection

 

DESIGNER

Arbutus + Denman

 

AVAILABLE AT

Arbutus + Denman

Only Human

 

TECHNICAL FEATURES

- Aluminum shade with a matte powder coated finish

- Available in black & white

 

DESCRIPTION

I am always excited to find, discover and introduce local Victoria talent.  I know it is hard to imagine that this Canadian city is full of well keep secrets. Well it is, and there is the certitude that you can find real design talent just around the corner.  This is one of the multiple reasons why I love this city so much. Yesterday my good friends Chris Rothery and Christina Stack from Only Human introduced me to ARBUTUS + DENMAN a local design team with a new stunning product. 

 

The SimplySpun collection of light fixtures is a clever, clean and very memorable line completely designed in Victoria.  With sexy names like Anya, Quincy, Ella, Cortez, Clio and Mino these light fixtures could fill the latest interior design project and you will think they are already design classics. 

 

These stunning light  fixtures where first introduced at the IDS 2011 Toronto show being extremely well received. With a very strong price point that can’t be beat and the fact that is a local product you can’t go wrong using these babes in your next project.   If you are into the “100 mile diet” why not to embrace the “100 mile design approach”.  Supporting our local design talent, using local design products and spreading the world that Victoria produces great design.

 

image

SHOW THEM SOME LOVE!

 

YUMMY FACTOR

Refreshing!!!



MEADE DESIGN GROUP - THE BLOG. Copyright 2007-2011

6 comments:

Karena said...

Truly stunning I love these lighting designs Ivan.

Do come and enter my Artful Offering!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Dale at Hospitality Design Inspirations said...

Wow it's so great to see Canadian talent like this. The pendant shapes are classic, but have that little bit of a twist that makes them unique. I like them very much. They almost remind me of upside down plant pots. Nice find!

Echo said...

I love these! And I can't believe they are aluminum, they look almost like clay pots (as Dale also said!)

Great find :)

Garden Forum said...

I really love lights with design they're so lovable and artistic. It makes your house more beautiful and stunning.

Michelle said...

Very nice...I agree, in groups they would be amazing, as alone over a nightstand.

Thanks for the candy :)

Best,
Michelle

Laura Bielecki of Luxury Interiors said...

These fixtures remind me of the Tom Dixon Beat Lamps. You could use them for a million different uses and they make a bold statement. Thanks for sharing!