Monday 30 May 2011

Eye Candy of the Week – Philippe I by Casamania

 

image

 

image

 

image

 

 

PRODUCT

Philippe I – Cafe Tables

 

DESIGNER

Sam Baron

 

MANUFACTURER

Casamania

 

COLLECTION

Philippe I is a mini-collection of ‘gueridon’ or small tables and café tables.

 

MATERIALS

Lime-wood, MDF, walnut

 

COLOURS

black/mirrored glass; white/extra-clear transparent glass

 

DIMENSIONS

low side table: L/W 42 P/D 42 H 42
tall side table: L/W 39 P/D 39 H 52

 

DESCRIPTION

With references to the 18th century French cabinetry tradition coupled with an attention to detail, these collection of ‘gueridon’ tables are that type of pieces that I love, as they work seamless with traditional or contemporary styles.

 

Sam Baron, created these tables that in my personal opinion share the same design aesthetic of Philippe Starck or Jaime Hayon pieces.  Pieces that have their own language, but a clear inspiration from the past.

 

I would love to use groups of these pieces in different sizes and finishes.  How would you use these tables?

 

YUMMY FACTOR

Nectarous!!!



MEADE DESIGN GROUP - THE BLOG. Copyright 2007-2011

5 comments:

Designwali said...

bang on fabulous.

Karena said...

Ivan I adore the tall size, in both color palettes!!

A New very Exciting Giveaway from Tracy Porter will start on the 1st!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Diane said...

Love!

Frenchicandshabby said...

Love these tables especially in a group. Simple classic style.

Echo said...

I like these a lot, and I like that there are the two leg options for mixing and matching as well, very cool!