Thursday 10 May 2012

designers garage sale

The Vancouver Island Chapter of IDIBC is organizing a DESIGNER GARAGE SALE  to raise funds for Amber Kingsnorth’s   Designer Survivor's Tour Team participating in the Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer this June and we need your help!

 

Location
355 Catherine Street, Victoria, BC V9A 3S8

 (Map)

 

Date & Time

Date: Saturday, May 12, 2012
From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.


Location: Liesch Interiors Office Interiors Parking Lot
355 Catherine Street (across from Spinnaker's Pub) Victoria, BC V9A 3S8

 

Contact
Amber Kingsnorth

 

Last year, I received one of the most encouraging and surprising gifts I have ever received in my entire life.  I have to say that I tear up a little when I read Amber’s inspiration page and what it was all about. You can’t imagine the strength I received with this gift  – My good friend and colleague Miz Amber Kingsnorth will be participating once again  in a two-day cycling event to take place this June. During this bold cycling journey, Amber will ride for two days through the scenic Pacific Northwest.  Amber’s vision is clear - A World Free From Cancer.

 

If you cannot attend the DESIGNERS GARAGE SALE this weekend – I invite you to support her clicking the the image below and give, give, give… Remember, she is biking a lot and she needs LOT$$$$$$$$$$ of motivation.

 

image

 

Here is Amber’s Statement:

 

image

The adorable Miz. Amber Marie Kingsnorth

 

As an interior Designer in Victoria BC I have seen a number of individuals in my industry affected by Cancer.  Colleagues who have undergone treatment and come out survivors (!) including Kimberly Williams, the woman who gave me my start in this business and for whom I am ever grateful.  These are my Designer Survivors and the inspirations for my ride! 

 

Last year I rode for my good friend and colleague Ivan Meade of the Meade Design Group who was undergoing treatment at the time.  I wanted to help him in anyway that I could and knowing that treatment is an unbelievable struggle, I thought; why not go through a little struggle of my own ... ride a bike for two days straight! :)  I am over-joyed to report that he is now in remission!!!  This year I'm keeping the momentum going and hoping to get more people involved.  If you'd like to join the DST team, drop me a line.

 

Donations, no matter the size, all help to support breakthrough research, exemplary teaching, and compassionate care made possible through BC Cancer Foundation, a leader in cancer research and care.  Please help me reach (and hopefully exceed!) my goal of raising $5000.00 for this amazing cause!

Thank you for your help and support,

Amber



MEADE DESIGN GROUP - THE BLOG. Copyright 2007-2011

No comments: